Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - 17 July 2021
The government has announced that the restrictions applying to Covid pandemic in England will be lifted on Monday 19 July, 2021. However, the responsibility to provide a safe working environment will be on the management of the establishment.
The Trustees have considered the implications of fully opening the Vihara to the public.Taking into consideration the rapidly rising infection rate, the safety of the resident monks and elderly supporters who may be vulnerable, it was decided to limit the number of visitors attending and maintain safety standards over the following four weeks.
The situation will be reviewed after 4 weeks.
Please contact the resident monks to arrange times and numbers attending. Guidelines on use of face masks and hand sanitising will be expected of the visitors.
The Government guidance has been considered and It was decided by the Trustees that due to restricted space, it will not be possible to safely allow large gatherings at the Vihara at present. Therefore the following restrictions (see below) will continue until further notice.
Dear Dayakas, Supporters and Friends,
Opening of London Buddhist Vihara
Visitors will be permitted to enter the Vihara for worship under the following conditions:
1. Any number of people from the same household may enter the Vihara to bring dana and for worship, and could sit together with an associated bubble.
2. The number of visitors not from the same household entering the Vihara will be limited at the discretion of the Head Monk.
3. Persons must maintain 2m social distance from the monks and anyone else present.
4. Devotees may visit the Vihara during the preferred hours 9-10am and 4-5pm. Please ring the Vihara to make an appointment.
5. Face covering or a face mask must be worn on entering the Vihara and should kept on until leaving the Vihara.
6. Time spent in worship in the Shrine Room should be short as possible. Chanting should be done softly with the mask on.
7. All above visits will be by prior appointment only
8. Please enter your name in the register on entering the Vihara
For further details please refer to the Government guidelines by clicking the link above
The regular dana givers and others who wish to offer the dana and other essential requisites for the monks should first check with the Vihara for the requirements.
Please leave name/names, if you are offering dana in memory of someone